Smith Mandel and Associates, LLP
Certified Public Accountants
  (Citibank Building)
contact information

The SBE is the agency which regulates California sales tax


Registration is required for all companies which sell a product.

  1. Click on the "Corporate/Organization" or "Individual/Partnership" registration forms, whichever is appropriate, to obtain a sellers permit and resale number.
  2. If your company sells on a wholesale basis, obtain a resale number from all California customers. Without these resale numbers, your company is required to collect and remit sales tax on the sale.
  3. Sales tax returns and remittances are due either monthly, quarterly or annually, depending on your type of business and the amounts involved. You will be notified of your requirements by the State Board of Equalization.
  4. To contact by phone: (800) 400-7115
  5. To obtain forms online click [HERE].
  6. To get more information regarding Sales and Use Tax Registration from the BOE click [HERE].
Smith Mandel & Associates can be contacted in the following ways:
By Phone: (818) 556-4000
[Email Us]
By fax: (818) 556-4009
[Smith Mandel & Associates, LLP Website]
By mail:
333 N. Glenoaks Blvd., Suite 201
Burbank, CA 91502