Smith Mandel and Associates, LLP
Certified Public Accountants
  (Citibank Building)
contact information

Payroll Taxes

Payroll taxes begin when you hire your first employee.

There are two basic forms required by the Internal Revenue Service to be filed by employers for payroll. These forms are the 940 (annual) and the 941 (quarterly). Both of these forms can be obtained from the IRS online by clicking [HERE]. You need the federal payroll tax book (circular E), from the Internal Revenue Service to determine the federal withholding and the Employment Development Department state payroll withholding book to determine the state withholding. Compliance with the various payroll tax rules and regulations can be difficult. You must be aware of the various deposit rules and filing requirements.

Please contact Smith Mandel & Associates, LLP to help get your company started. We can also refer you to payroll services who can handle all of your payroll needs.

Smith Mandel & Associates can be contacted in the following ways:
By Phone: (818) 556-4000
[Email Us]
By fax: (818) 556-4009
[Smith Mandel & Associates, LLP Website]
By mail:
333 N. Glenoaks Blvd., Suite 201
Burbank, CA 91502